Restaurant Cops, LLC: Independent Contractors Agreement
WHEREAS, Restaurant Cops, LLC desires to obtain professional services; and
WHEREAS, I agree to provide such professional services;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of compensation to be paid to me byRestaurant Cops, LLC I agree to all of the following provisions:
1. Ethical Standards:
I agree to perform all work and conduct myself to the highest professional and ethical standards.
2. This agreement shall be effective as noted below, and shall continue in effect until Independent Contractor’s completion of those assignments given to Independent Contractor by Restaurant Cops, LLC or until terminated by either party’s giving seven (7) days notice to the other party.
3. Contractor Status:
I warrant that I am an independent contractor for the performance of services under this Agreement, and that for accomplishment of the desired result Restaurant Cops, LLC is to exercise and have no control over the methods and means of accomplishment thereof, except as is otherwise specifically set forth in this Agreement or project requirements. I am the sole employer and principal of any and all persons providing services under this Agreement, and shall be obligated to perform all requirements of an employer under federal state and local laws and ordinances. Under no circumstances shall I or my employees or agents be construed to be employees of Restaurant Cops, LLC.
4. Tax and Other Responsibilities:
I agree to pay and to be solely responsible for any and all city, state and/or federal unemployment insurance premiums, worker’s compensation insurance premiums, income taxes, social security taxes and any other employment-related taxes incurred as a result of the performance of services and to be responsible for all obligations, reports and timely notifications to such matters.
5. Independent Contractor shall have no right to enter into any contract or agreement on behalf ofRestaurant Cops, LLC or to bind Restaurant Cops, LLC in any manner.
6. Independent Contractor shall provide at his/her own cost all facilities and equipment necessary for his/her performance of the services contemplated herein, including without limitation: office space, supplies, telephone and transportation.
7. If Independent Contractor uses an automobile or similar vehicle in the performance of his/her service hereunder, Independent Contractor agrees to carry auto liability insurance in the minimum amount required by the state of residence. Independent Contractor agrees to indemnify, save harmless and defend Restaurant Cops, LLC from any claims arising out of acts or omissions related to the use of any automobile or similar vehicle by Independent Contractor or Independent Contractor’s agents or representatives.
8. Client Name Confidentiality:
I shall not discuss with anyone outside of Restaurant Cops, LLC the nature of my project or Restaurant Cops, LLC client names without prior written approval.
9. Independent Contractor agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Restaurant Cops, LLC its officers, directors and assigns from any and all claims of third parties from act, whether willful, negligent, intentional, fraudulent, that may be committed by Independent Contractor, its representatives or agents under this Agreement.
10. This Agreement may not be transferred or assigned by Independent Contractor without written consent of Restaurant Cops, LLC.
11. The validity of this Agreement and any of its terms or provisions, as well as the rights and duties of the parties, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
12. In the event that any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality enforceability shall not affect any other provision, and Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or enforceable provision had never been contained in it.
Completion of this agreement by prospective contractors does not guarantee that work will be available.